16 Top essential ways to give your face and body the best skin care it deserves.
Keeping your skin free of problems like breakouts, dryness, rashes, fine lines and other numerous anomalies is created from the daily habits we have.
Forming new habits is easy enough to start seeing positive results right away!
- Wash your make up brushes regularly Once a week is recommended.
- Physical activity ~ Sweat out toxins and impurities as much as you can. You will see and feel the difference in the texture of the surface of your skin. Visible smoothness and pore health will vastly improve.
- Drink the required amount of water everyday to flush your system and to keep your skin plump and healthy. Eight big glasses a day is good. We're mostly made up of water so our skin responds very well to good, healthy doses of water.
- Eat real and nourishing food, not processed or full of preservatives. There are certain anti-oxidant rich foods that enhance skin health ie leafy greens, tomatoes, yellow and orange fruits and vegetables and omega-3 fatty acids found in many fish. Your cells in your body will vastly improve or deplete what your skin looks like.
- Vitamin B, C and E are full of anti-oxidants too and can protect and enhance skin recovery and growth.
- Have a daily beauty regime ie cleanse, tone and moisturize everyday. Never go to bed with make-up on to avoid breakouts and eye infections.
- Do a deeper cleanse once a week ie sheet/clay/mud or gel mask, exfoliation or facial steam to draw out deeper impurities.
- Wash your pillowcases, bedding and towels once a week to keep bacteria away and avoid breakouts and black heads.
- Wash your hair and hairbrushes regularly as they touch your face often.
- Try avoid touching your face too often throughout the day as our fingers are a hotbed for bacteria.
- Avoid using the same foam sponge applicators or cotton pads more than once.
- Get enough rest and sleep to help the skin regenerate and not lose its elasticity and vitality.
- Try and eliminate stress, stressful situations and negative people. Being happy is a big positive for the mind and therefore your skin.
- Create relaxing, peaceful and quiet times for yourself. Meditation, stretching, a hot bath, reading or something else that relaxes and calms you.
- Create a happy environment in your home with fresh plants, flowers and open windows for fresh air. Eliminate too many fake scented air freshners, perfumed candles made from chemicals. Check what these are made of.
- Use products that are real and created from plant extracts. Household cleaners can give headaches as can clothing detergents or anything overly scented.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you give your skin the love and care it deserves!