Recipes for Macaroni and Cheese and Cocktail Meatballs: From 500 Diabetic Recipes eBook
Now and then I will be posting recipes from our library of various eBooks. These two recipes are from our bestselling 500 Diabetic Recipes eBook. A simply delicious fantastic variety of recipes! Enjoy!
MACARONI AND CHEESE:
- 1/2 c. non-fat skim milk
- 1 oz. cheese
- 1 oz. bread Salt & pepper to taste
- Dash of paprika Dash of mustard Dash of cayenne
- 1 egg, separated
- Heat milk (do not boil), add cheese, bread, and seasonings.
- As soon as cheese melts, remove from heat.
- Add beaten egg yolks. Beat whites stiff and fold in.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes until brown.
- 2 lbs. hamburger
- 1 med. onion, chopped
- 1 c. cracker crumbs
- 1/2 c. skim milk
- 2 eggs Dash of garlic powder Salt and pepper to taste
- Sauce: 1 1/2 c. ketchup 1/3 c. vinegar 1/4 c. yellow mustard Brown sugar substitute equivalent to 3/4 c. brown sugar
- Mix ingredients together. Roll into walnut size balls and place in 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- You should be able to place 6 balls width wise in baking dish and 10 balls lengthwise.
- Sauce: Mix in glass measuring cup.
- Pour over meatballs and bake in 350 degree oven for 1 hour.
- Makes about 60 meatballs.
Look out for more recipes coming your way in our upcoming blog posts!