Powerful Benefits and Uses of Aloe Vera for overall health
The Aloe Vera plant is one of those magical powerful plants that overflows with so many benefits and uses for overall skin and body health. It truly is an incredible plant! A succulent grown in tropical areas all over the world, it is comprised mostly of water and the gel from the plant can be directly used on the skin as well as for dozens of medicinal purposes as it has since dating back to ancient times.
Not only beautiful and hardy to grow in several variations, it's an incredibly powerful restorative, healer and hydrator both externally on hands, face, body and scalp, but also internally.
For the skin it provides some of the following benefits and uses:
- Soothes irritations, burns and sunburn
- Soothes problem skin like acne and eczema
- Relieves pain and itch of insect bites
- Relieves shaving rash
- Relieves dry skin on hands, face body and dry scalp
- A natural disinfectant to help with cuts, wounds and abrasions
- Filled with anti-oxidants to fade dark spots and brighten skin
- Rich in vitamins E, C and B-12
- Kills bacteria and micro-organisms
- Provides moisture and hydration therefore fights and slows down aging
- Helps heal skin that has been exposed to UV radiation
- Stimulates the production of collagen and regenerating and repairing the skin's cells through its powerful glycoproteins.
- Make a homemade mask using aloe vera gel, honey and cinnamon to draw out toxins and clear up breakouts.
- Mix aloe vera gel and olive oil together for shiny, thicker and healthier hair.
- Soothes hemorrhoid swelling and itch.
Did you know that Aloe Vera provides so much more than just help for your skin?
For internal medicinal help it provides the following benefits and uses: (obviously if you have any medical conditions you should consult your doctor first before taking anything internally) and it depends in what form you take it.
- Aloe Vera can aid digestion and be a natural laxative in small quantities as high quantities can cause potential problems.
- Can aid in heartburn relief
- Can aid in lowering your blood sugar
- The vitamin C in aloe vera can act as a natural mouthwash to fight plaque, bacteria and help problem gums with bleeding and swelling.
- Aloe Vera is rich in vitamins, minerals, enzymes and hormones that are high in anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Taken in the correct form, aloe vera can help support the immune system and fight tumors, ulcers and cancer.
- Adding small quantities of aloe vera juice to your smoothies boosts your nutrition and adds vitamins E, C and B-12
- Add small quantities of aloe vera juice together with apple cider vinegar and mix together cut up ginger root or ginger root powder to help with arthritis pain.
I have several aloe vera plants growing in my home and knowing how incredibly powerful Aloe Vera is, know and love all our aloe vera products for their benefits. Some are infused and others concentrated like our Aloe Vera gel , Aloe Vera soap , our face and body mists , our enriched foaming cleanser, clay masks and several of our gift sets.
I hope you add Aloe Vera into your life, your skin will thank you for it! Until next time, stay soft and hydrated!