15 Best Makeup Artistry Coffee Table Books
In this day and age there is something to be said for still having coffee table books.
Even though we're inundated with tutorials and information at our fingertips online, picking up a book when we're lounging is still a relaxing way to unwind with a glass of wine or cup of tea or coffee.
In the 1980's and 90's before the internet, make-up artistry books played a large role in my decision to enter into applied design studies. Owning several large hard covered Kevyn Aucoin books was a big deal and pouring through the pages was pure joy and a gift to learn from as a young adult.
Finding gorgeous large and beautiful books like these was a treasure and I encourage you to own trailblazing books like this to not only learn from but to draw inspiration from and understand the real sculpture and structure of the face. Fundamentals like contouring and highlighting and changing the way you apply cosmetics is truly an interesting art form.
If you're an aspiring make-up artist starting out, this article talks about the best books to own to learn skills and techniques for various industries and also the business side of being a make-up artist.
The list of the 10 best make-up books worth buying is a very worthwhile list and definitely has interesting and useful noteworthy books mentioned. Read this article to find out why these books provide such powerful information and would make fabulous coffee table books.
- Rae Morris "Express Makeup
- Bobbi Brown "Makeup Manual"
- Scott Barnes "About Face"
- Jemma Kidd "Make-up Masterclass: Beauty Bible of professional techniques and wearable looks."
- Francois Nars "Makeup you mind, express yourself."
- Robert Jones "Makeup Makeovers in 5 10 15 20 minutes"
- Scott Barnes "Face to face"
- Taylor Chang-Babaian "Asian Faces: The Essential Beauty and Makeup guide for Asian Women."
- Robert Jones " Makeup Makeovers: Weddings: Stunning Looks for the entire Bridal party."
- Lauren Rennells "Vintage Hairstyling: Retro Styles with step-by-step techniques." Also "Retro Makeup: Techniques for applying the vintage look." written by the same author.
An extensive list of popular makeup artistry books is a also a great list of modern and older books and even includes books on stage and theater makeup by old time giant Kryolan. Hair, special effects, student workbooks, character and period makeup, the business of the beauty industry, retro and vintage, makeover and practical references for stage and screen are included on this fantastic list.
15 of the best beauty books every beauty obsessive will want on their coffee table is also a newer created list and worth looking into too. Do you own any makeup artistry books that you've liked? Leave us a comment and let us know why they've given you great insight!
Until next time,