How to improve your skin's tone and texture.
Do you feel like your skin is aging faster than it should or has continual problems? There could be several factors that come into play, namely water consumption, facial exercises, sleep, incorrect food and beverage consumption, alcohol and smoking, sun and weather exposure and the type of products you use that might be doing more harm than good.
Obviously, if your skin is very badly damaged or sagging, a well trained and licensed physician can advise us as to what our actual skin problems are or if you have an underlying health condition, such as a thyroid problem, allergies or other condition, causing our skin to age faster than normal. Obviously, treating the medical problem would be the very first step in our battle; to stop the premature aging of our skin and clear up deeper underlying problems.
If we rule out anything serious, then there are steps we can take to improve our overall skin tone and texture.
- When treating over exposure to the sun, wind and other environmental hazards, a skin care moisturizer which contains vitamin B5, witch hazel and vitamins such as coenzyme Q10 along with collagen rich foods that provide structural support in connective tissues, muscles and skin.
- We produce collagen naturally, but as we age the production of this protein slows down and therefore our skin can lose some of its elasticity and wrinkles can form when we don't bounce back as readily as before.
- Eating collagen rich foods helps the moisture in your skin, the elasticity and overall health. Muscle mass may improve and bone loss prevention can also occur as collagen provides the building blocks of the body. If you decide to take collagen supplements, do your research and consult a professional too.
- Collagen rich foods might include: Chicken, fish, shellfish, bone broth, berries, citrus fruits, egg whites, beans, leafy green, garlic, tropical fruits...a good balanced mix of these foods providing essential vitamins and minerals will help with overall skin health. Sugar and of course refined carbs will do the exact opposite and create poorly textured and toned skin overtime depending on the amount of consumption.
- A big red flag is that many of the over the counter lotions and moisturizer creams contain an ingredient known as petrolatum. Emphasis on the petro! Because it is so common many of us have used it for years and guess what? Yep! You guessed it. It may cause our skin to age that much faster. Studies which have been conducted, over the years, by well qualified skin specialists, bear this theory out. One of the easiest and simplest things to do in our acne anti aging skin care treatment is to avoid the products which contain petrolatum. But we need to remember there are other chemical and preservatives which should be avoided.
- We should take the time to read every label on every bottle and tube of skin treatment products. However you and I know, we normally can’t spell many of the ingredients listed, much less pronounce them or know what they mean. Here’s a little tip, a science teacher friend of mine gave me. If the word is about 2 inches long, chances are it is a chemical compound which is not natural to our body. Avoid it! Over time these chemicals make their way into our pores and can do serious damage and even cause cancer.
It’s easy for us to understand there is more to simple, safe acne anti aging skin care than just using any old cream or moisturizer. It will pay for us to gain as much knowledge as we can; to keep us from looking old before our time or continually having the same skin irritations and problems.
Put your best face forward and grow in confidence and happiness with a better quality of skin by nourishing, nurturing and truly taking the time each day to love, sweat and rejuvenate your skin! You will reap the rewards in later years.
Hope you've enjoyed the info! Until next time,