Benefits of Glycerin for Skin Care
What exactly is glycerin and why is it so wonderfully good for your skin? The name alone sounds like a chemical, but this natural plant based clear liquid has no scent to it and mixes well with nearly everything.
Due to its natural versatility, it's used in a massive variety of products and is one of those important and powerful ingredients that rarely gets enough credit. It's found in most of our products but in bigger doses in our glycerin soaps.
Here are the main reasons to love glycerin:
- Your skin will feel hydrated and soft due to glycerin being a humectant. This means that glycerin is a substance that draws moisture from the surface and deeper layers of the skin and its surrounding environment. It holds onto that moisture, so your skin will feel plump with water and nourishment.
- It diminishes and reduces the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and aging as the moisture being drawn up through the layers of skin from the glycerin make it more soft, plump and moisture hydrated. Therefore it is the ultimate moisturizer!
- It soothes and calms the skin, especially if skin is irritated or sensitive, the added natural moisture helps alleviate problems over time.
- Glycerin is non-comedogenic, meaning it won't clog your pores or cause breakouts due to build-up of oil and dirt.
- Glycerin's exfoliating properties of sloughing off dead skin cells helps brighten one's overall look, feel and tone to feel rejuvenated and fresh.
- Glycerin naturally heals and protects the skin's cells and creates a natural barrier and thickness to the outer layer.
- Its natural features benefit any skin type whether your skin is oily, dry, sensitive, a combination or has problems like acne and eczema, glycerin naturally balances out the moisture levels and hydrates just the right amount. It truly is a beauty thing to feel!
- Plant glycerin is vegan and its powerful versatility to be used anywhere on the body. Our glycerin soaps are not only incredible for skin but can be used to wash your hair too without drying out the scalp. Lips, hands, face, body and head are healed, protected and hydrated with the beauty of glycerin.
Until next post, here's to soft and hydrated skin!